Within Midgard individuality is highly valued. Most people are only responsible for themselves but some feel responsible for their partner or young children. The strange thing is that although individuality is seen as a virtue, almost everybody is part of one or more groups that certainly help each other. The reasons to join and stay in a group are almost as varied as the groups themselves.
These are the broad categories of groups:
The tree most important families of Midgard are:
- The Undain family is the head of the banking guild of Midgard, the most powerful of the guilds in Midgard.
- The Felekos family is a family of gnomes that led the war against long ear forest to reclaim the Birthplace of the gnomes.
- The Tenluur family is the royal family of the halfings. Current rulers of The second halfling kingdom.
- More families of Midgard.
Guilds have long been powerful and important groups in Midgard. The tree most important guilds of Midgard are:
- The banking guild is an old guild and currently the most powerful of Midgard.
- The weapon crafters guild is the oldest guild of Midgard, vital to the state it's early survival.
- The third most powerful guild of Midgard. The guild of the lorekeepers called Truth. The national newspaper and record keepers of Midgard.
- More important guilds of Midgard.
- The full list of guilds
Councils are groups of people revolving around a single idea, ideology, job, situation or problem. The tree most important councils of Midgard are:
- The council of law is directly appointed by Anton Undain and expands the interpretations and definitions of the four Midgardian laws.
- The Farmland Council of management is appointed by Anton Undain. Every settlement and province of Midgard has it's own Council of management and it manages where the money, collected by taxes, goes to.
- The New Targash Council of management is appointed by Anton Undain.
- More Councils of Midgard
Churches are groups of people that revolve around the same religion. They can be cults, however cults are often secret and probably won't show up on this list. The tree most important churches of Midgard are:
- The first church of Talor is the church with the largest following within Midgard. As far as Midgard has one, this is the state religion. Most humans in Midgard are followers of this church. The church worships Talor.
- The Church of Joy? is a church based on the worship of Ganinisum. It is the second largest church in Midgard. Most gnomes of Midgard are followers of this church.
- Ranimsul's sanctuary church? is a standard worship based church of Ranimsul. It is the third largest church in Midgard. Most halflings of Midgard are followers of this church.
- More churches of Midgard
Here is a list of other groups in Midgard that do not fall under the above categorization. The tree most important other groups in Midgard are: